Alright, let’s try this again. Many of you humored me last Friday and came up with a list of five things. (See my original list here.) I’m challenging you to do the same thing this week only you have to pick different things to be thankful for. You may have to dig a little deeper this week.
The rules are the same. Five things, ridiculous or serious, big or small, that you are thankful for this morning. Again though, don’t just stop with the list. Take a moment while you’re reflecting and remember where all of our blessings come from. Turn your list into a prayer of thanksgiving.
Here is my Friday five list…
1.) My husband….He works so hard and it was so nice to have him home all week for the first time in five weeks!
2.) Piano duets…playing the piano with my daughter warms my heart. Music, specifically piano, is a family tradition. And while I love heart and soul it’s nice to have been able to move on to something a little more difficult.
3.) A reliable car…my car gets taken for granted but I was struck this morning by how much time (and how many miles) we spend in it in any given week and I don’t have to worry that we won’t be able to get where we are going.
4.) Duck face selfies…compliments of my son who changed my lock screen on my phone to his absurd picture. Every time I have since picked up my phone, his goofiness has made me smile.
5.) Laughter…this week brought a 5 year milestone since my grandfather passed away and I cannot think of him without thinking of his laugh. He brought so much joy into life and always, always, always loved a good laugh.
These things, each of them random and seemingly disconnected are blessings, gifts from God. Laughter, music, family…
Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. (Psalms 105:1 NLT)
And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 5:20 NLT)
I would love to hear yours again this week!
Happy Friday! Tis the season for gratitude. Finish the week strong with a thankful heart.
One thought on “Still Moments – Friday Five (again)”
1. Thankful for the Lord provisions these last 21 years of marriage. For His grace in difficult times and for his mercy as we face difficult decision in the future.
2. Thankful to the Lord for family which is so enriching to everyday sanity.
3. Thankful for the freedom we have in attending bible studies and church worship.
4. Thankful for friends that stand by you when times get rough and when health keeps us from going out. Without them I think I would have gone “bonkers”. They have spent the last year attending to my “sanity needs” while being home bound.
5. Thankful for the blessings of food and shelter during these cold days. It should never go without saying that many are not as fortunate as we are and I will not take for granted that others are in need.
To Him be the glory… and to you… thank you for giving others the opportunity to share. 🙂 (smiles)